Here’s a list of what you should know in preparation for the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event scheduled for this weekend, Thursday, April 28 – Sunday, May 1, 2011 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
The world will be watching as America’s only CCI4* equestrian event returns to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington to challenge the most elite riders and horses. Don’t be left out!
- Free Admission for Thursday, April 28 is being offered to anyone who volunteered at the World Equestrian Games held last Fall. Simply bring in your WEG credential or email the volunteer staff for more information.
- Free Admission for Friday, April 29 is proudly being offered to America’s military heroes and their families.
- The online purchase of Reserved Grandstand Seating is closed, but may be purchased at the event at the Event Box Office subject to availability.
- Don’t forget about Tailgating on Cross-Country Day! Tailgating packages may still be purchased at the Event Box Office on Thursday or Friday for Cross-Country Day on Saturday.
Listen to expert commentary critique and explain Dressage rides Thursday and Friday and Jumping rounds Sunday. You may pick up reserved headsets at the “Headset Rental” booth next to the Event Box Office inside the Park Grandstand.
The Kentucky Reining Cup will consist of a CRI 5* starting at 6:00 p.m. Friday evening and a World Championship Freestyle competition Saturday evening at 5:30 p.m. Both events will be held at the Alltech Arena at the Kentucky Horse Park. PLUS, on Saturday, just before the competition gets under way, some of the top Eventers like Karen and David O’Connor and Gina Miles will try their hand at a reining sliding stop!
General Admission is unlimited and includes parking and admission to the Event, the International Trade Fair and the Kentucky Horse Park. Children 12 years and under, accompanied by an adult, are admitted free of charge. General Admission does not include seating at any event in the Grandstand or Arena.
- The USEFNetwork.com will be airing LIVE all three phases beginning Thursday, April 28 up to Sunday, May 1 until 2:00 p.m.
- Beginning at 2:00 p.m., NBC will begin its LIVE coverage of the Show Jumping finals.
Leashed dogs are welcome at Rolex Kentucky. The Lexington Humane Society will be on the grounds, set up to look after your dog for a donation appropriate to the time your dog is lodged.