As many get prepared for spring, sprucing up the house comes along with that. Cleaning the gutters, filters, carpets, attic, basement, every ‘nook and cranny’ that’s collected dust throughout the long winters months. However, throughout this process, we often forget that our bodies need the same care and attention. Detoxification is a process of eliminating toxic poisons (heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, chemicals, and also includes undigested food in your colon) from one’s body in order to allow the body to function at full capacity.
“Pesticides and Herbicides are designed to kill living organisms.
We are living organisms”
If you’ve ever thought of your body as a machine, that is able to withstand the test of time, climb the highest peaks, swim down to the depths of earth and produce life, then you must also have the understanding of what it takes to “keep your motor running” and to gain the best return on your investment. Toxins come in various forms and can be just as cunning in its invasion. If colds, earaches, sore throats, headaches, breakouts, joint pains, foul smelling breath and/or stool, foggy thinking, diabetes, constipation, etc. are frequent then, my dear, you are need of a detox.
There are varying opinions on the topic, and it is vitally important to follow a regime that is safe, yet effective and DOES NOT produce harmful side effects. Laxative pills may not be the safest for a prolonged period and your body may become dependent upon them to properly eliminate. Proper detoxification does create some physical discomfort; however this occurs because the detoxing agent is pulling toxins from your joints, cells, organs, etc. You may experience headaches, breakouts, etc., however this is only to free your body of that which has been trapped for years. Disease occurs from years of toxic accumulation; therefore it may take more than a week to rid your body, however be consistent and be wise about the method you choose.
As Spring cleaning begins at home, don’t forget about YOU!!
Helpful tips to get you started:
- Get moving!! Exercising helps ‘massage’ your intestines and assist your lymph in moving those toxins out of your system and get that food eliminated! FYI- as may times as you eat a day, you should eliminate (3 meals, 3 eliminations)- Think about it…what goes in must (and should) come outJ!
- Drink ½ your body weight in ounces (i.e.160 lbs- 80 oz of distilled water) with fresh lemon (lemons are a natural laxative; purchase organic because they are free of pesticide chemicals)
- Limit/Eliminate sugar (cakes, candy, soda pop, etc.,- read labels, you’ll be surprised at what has sugar in it)
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables (juicing is amazing as well!!)
- Limit/Eliminate meat and dairy products or choose organic (if not organic, may contain harmful hormones)
- Add HimalyanSeaSalt to your morning routine (can be found at the first website listed below)
Some amazing resources for all levels:
- http://www.i-amperfectlyhealthy.com(Highlights Red Desert Clay and provides great information on more than just detoxification)