This simple maple frosting is a light and creamy and very easy to prepare. You will be amazed at how easy it is to spread over your cake, muffins, cupcakes or even cookies if you are so bold.
A frosted cake always looks prettier than one that is plain if you can enjoy the sugar it is made from. Looks can be deceiving when it comes to applying the frosting yourself. Most people are not professionals and seem to have trouble covering the cake. As you read further down you will find some simple tricks to the technique of how to frost a cake with ease.
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 4 tablespoons of light cream
- 2 teaspoons of maple extract
- 3 ½ cups of confectioner’s sugar
- In a large mixing bowl blend together the softened butter, cream and maple extract together.
- Then slowly stir in the confectioner’s sugar to form the frosting.
- Stir until the maple frosting is smooth and has obtained a spreadable consistency.
- Time to frost the cake, enjoy!
- Always add a small amount of frosting to the bottom of the cake. About a teaspoon’s worth near the center of the cake. This will prevent the cake from sliding while frosting it as it sits on the cake dish.
- Next cut some waxed paper and place it around the bottom of the cake to cover the cake dish itself. Only insert it about an inch under the cake. Once the cake is completely frosted the waxed paper can be removed and the cake looks like a professional frosted it without any mess to the cake dish.
- It is best to add frosting to the center of the cake if a tube pan is used. Then continue adding frosting to the bottom edge of the cake that touches the cake dish. Next work up the sides of the cake and finish with the cake top.
- Use a small metal flat spatula to add the frosting to the cake. It makes spreading easier and allows you to have more control.
The list of stores in and around Winona, MS where the ingredients can be found to make a creamy, smooth, sweet and deliciously simple maple frosting are at the SuperValu, Wal-mart, Spain’s and the Grocery Basket.
For e-mail alerts of new articles from the Winona Cooking Examiner, click on the subscribe button above. Included are her step-by-step, easy to follow recipes the whole family will enjoy. And be sure to check out Winona Home & Living Examiner for an array of fun, crafty and educational topics. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a topic or suggestion you would like covered. Happy reading and thank you for stopping by!
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved