In relationships it is important to see that each person should not give 50% each but rather 100% each. But what if one person feels they deserve more then 100%?
Anytime there is an imbalance in the relationship problems will arise. Weither someone isn’t giving enough, someone isn’t giving enough or the someone is taking too much. Yet the question arises “what should I be selfish about and what should concede on?”
Things TO be Selfish about (when Dating):
1. Family- you should not discount your family. They should be a priority (with a healthy set of boundaries)
2. Job- having a job in this market is vital, therefore do not make careless mistakes about taking lots of time off of work, or getting in bad habits of being late for work or not giving your all at work.
3. Money- Men you dont have to spend a fortune on women to Romance them and Women you shouldn’t be forking out a lot of cash for a guy to “date” you. If he wants to take you out then he should pay. Yet realize that the most expensive restaurant or going out all the time is not polite “romance” its buying your affection.
4. Religion- this is a NON compromising subject. Therefore this is a make it or break it subject. Politics can be discussed and lived with, yet religion is to much of a sacred subject that when not seen eye to eye on will only cause dissatisfaction.
Things to NOT be Selfish about (when Dating):
3. Who Drives
4. Time– You need to give others the FREEDOM to love you and want to miss you. So back off, or give more which ever one your lacking in,
5. SEX– if your in a sexual dating relationship using sex to control or cover up the fact that the two of you shouldn’t be together in the first place then you need to just let it go.
One thing to remember is Balance and Boundaries. When these are neutral and both parties are giving equal parts then the relationship will continue to grow. Only be selfish on matters that count, and be forgiving yet, self respecting.