Phillips Arena is one of many sports venues using Levy Restaurants as their food provider. Last year they introduced gluten-free snacks and beer, but this year they are stepping up their game to make sure gluten-intolerant guests can enjoy traditional game day favorites by launching a gluten-free portable cart. The cart debuted April 22nd and it can be found on the south end of the main concourse at Portal 11.
Earlier this year Levy signed a contract with Kinnikinnick Foods to bring gluten-free bread options to its patrons in the form of gluten-free hot dog/hamburger buns, which is a giant step in the right direction! Who really wants to get a plain hot dog at a game when eating a hot dog on a bun is such a game-day tradition?
They currently are not offering hamburgers on gluten-free buns, so if you want one make your voice(s) heard and send an email to Levy. The will assess guests’ needs and requests as they roll out the new gluten-free options. Please support their efforts to meet the needs of gluten-free guests with your patronage!
The expanded gluten-free offerings include:
Concessions Cart Fan Favorites
- Hot Dog – Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Heinz ketchup and French’s mustard ($7)
- Chili Cheese Dog – Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese ($8)
- Nachos – Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s cheese, Embasa jalapeños
- Loaded Nachos – Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese, LaVictoria Alamo salsa, Embasa jalapeños
Snacks, Sweets and Beverages
- Red Bridge Beer – Gluten-free beer
- Taste Good Tortilla Chips – Olive and Sweet Potato tortilla chips
- Classic Snacks Gluten-Free Carmel & Cheddar Popcorn Mix
- Eden Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Eden Organic Berry Mix
- Larabars – Cherry pie flavor
- NuGO Free Dark Chocolate Bar – NuGO FREE bars are gluten, soy, and dairy free, certified OU Pareve, and made with real dark chocolate
- Classic Snacks Gummy Bears
The other ballparks, stadiums and arenas that will debut the gluten-free portable cart include AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, American Airlines Center in Dallas, Chase Field in Phoenix, Fed Ex Forum in Memphis, Nationals Park in Washington, DC, Qwest Field in Seattle, Rio Tinto Stadium in Salt Lake City, TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha and United Center in Chicago.
Levy Restaurants is also working in conjunction with Gluten-Free Passport, to have information on ballpark and stadium venues offering gluten-free menu items accessible via mobile applications. By the end of April, gluten-free sports fans will be able to access information on Levy Restaurants’ sports locations offering gluten-free fare via the iCanEat OnTheGo app, iEatOut Gluten & Allergen Free app, as well as the new regionally-focused iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch apps including Gluten Free Chicago, Gluten Free LA and Gluten Free New York.