This past November dozens of new republicans were elected to the US House of Representatives because they said that they know how to create jobs and that they would repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka “Obamacare”.
The first Bill they voted on was for the repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Bill to repeal was passed but the Republican leadership knew that that would be as far as it would go because the Senate and the White house are controlled by the Democrats.
Prior to last November’s election, the cry of “where are the jobs” was echoed by every republican running for office, any office, even though they voted against dozens of job creation Bills themselves.
Now three months since taking over the House, Republicans have voted on zero Bill’s that are intended to help create jobs, but they have voted on several pieces of legislation that will kill hundreds of thousands of jobs.
In fact John Boehner (R-OH) the new Speaker of the House stood at a podium before the press and said if their legislation kills jobs, “so be it”.
What have Nevada Representatives Dean Heller and Joe Heck done to create jobs here in Nevada or anywhere else, absolutely nothing. They have gone along with their party on just about every vote. Heller did submit an amendment to kill funding for Yucca Mountain, but his Amendment was voted down, and when the spending Bill came up for a vote, he voted with his party, which included funding for Yucca Mountain.
So what have Dean Heller, Joe Heck and the Republicans that are running the House found to be more important than creating jobs in the US?
You already know that they voted to repeal all the Health Care reforms and replace it with nothing.
- They passed a resolution reaffirming The “In God We Trust” Motto.
- They have several Bills that curtail a woman’s right to make decisions on their reproductive organs.
- They have held investigative hearings on American Muslims
- They have legislation declaring English as the official language
- They voted to end funding for Planned Parenthood
- They have voted to end funding for NPR
- They have voted to cut spending by $61 billion and kill 700,000 jobs “so be it”
- They have voted to continue giving tax credits for those that outsource jobs to China and India
- They have voted to continue giving tax dollars to Oil corporation
- They want to repeal consumer credit protection regulations
- They are voting to kill financial regulations
- They are voting to kill regulations for mining and oil industry
- They want to kill our minimum wage laws
- They want to end child labor laws
- They want to kill Social Security
- They want to kill Medicare
But what they have NOT done and don‘t seem to care about is creating any legislation that would foster an environment to create jobs.
Rep Joe Heck and Rep Dean Heller, where are the jobs? Three months and not even a peep from either of you on job creation, just social issues and tax cuts for corporations, do you work for them or the people who voted for you?
Don’t miss any of the Las Vegas Democrat Examiner articles: Click Subscribe and enter your email address or choose the RSS feed. Either way you’ll be alerted to the latest column when it’s published. And don’t forget to click Email to send this article to a friend.