While loving others brings contentment beyond measure, finding that one true love can make all the difference in someone’s life. Loving with great passion is an overwhelming desire of intense emotion. To love and to be loved, is the greatest value there is.
The greatest act of love demonstrated is found in the passion of Christ. His suffering on the cross clearly defines what is to love with great passion. For what is greater than one who would lay down his life for love.
Love is communicated in various ways.
- By showing kindness to a stranger, love provides affection, mercy and grace.
- In forgiving someone who caused great hurt. Love is not demanding, for it holds no wrongs.
- Love found in poetry, as the written word is one the best ways to express love. Around Chicagoland this week, Carolyn Kennedy was out signing her poetry collection book, “She walks in beauty.”
- Speaking the truth in love requires discernment and compassion.
- To walk in love is to walk a life filled with God’s goodness. Passionately discovering their dreams to make a difference, a person’s walk with Christ remains steadfast.
- Brotherly love is gentle, and romantic love ignites a passion.
- Love is vocalized in music, and love for God is expressed in worship and prayer.
- The love in a marriage builds pillars in a community. This week, Maggie Daley, wife of Chicago Mayor Daley is recovering in the hospital. A strong woman who is suffering from cancer, with a marriage built to last. For her true love, Mayor Daley remains at her side.
- To love with a faith that produces great compassion for others validates another. It’s the strong connection between two people that no man can put asunder.
While there are many ways to love, the greatest of all loves is found in John 3:16. For this is the reason Jesus came; to save the lost, heal the broken, and provide a way.
Easter is a time of great reflection on what love means. Many churches present the gospel with a passion. At Springbrook Community Church in Huntley, IL their Good Friday Service, this year ignites the “Passion of Christ” with a montage of movie clips set to music.
Loving others with a passion is freely expressed in gratitude, forgiveness, and grace beyond anything imaginable.
The Bible teaches to love one another as Christ loved; to love God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Matthew 22:37