In this day and age it’s really important to be a recessionista and a fashionista in one! Here are some tricks, tips and trends that wont break your bank. Copy these looks for less…you’ll thank me later.
We all love Balmain shorts, but they are super expensive. So, why not create your own? Take an old pair of shorts and some safety pins and get to work!
Take a look through your closet at what you ALREADY have. You can always rearrange, manipulate and edit clothing! Also, never shy away from an item on you like just because it doesn’t fit or you don’t like a certain aspect. For example, theVero Moda 70’s Boho Chic Tiered Paisley Maxi Dress is super cute and ON SALE for $53, but the sleeves must go. Take it to your tailor and have them removed, and you’ll have a whole new look and whole new dress for less!
Find it at ASOS.com.
Copy these celeb looks for LESS, WAY LESS.
Kim Kardashian: We all love Kim’s Veda leather jacket. Problem is they range from $700-1000. Grab her look for less .
- Jacket – Grey Linen Waterfall Jacket. TopShop.com, $85
Nicole Ritchie: Here you can find Nicole’s look for less.
- Hat – Leopard Print Trilby. Zara.com$26
- Top – Long Sleeve Stripe T- Shirt. YesStyle.com $22
- Jacket – Laugh Cry Repeat Silk Blazer. Revolveclothing.com $99
- Shorts – Rich Velvet Shorts. ASOS.com $32
Copy Vanessa’s look
- Stripe Sweater Wrap- ShopLAstyle.com $86
- Jeans- Aged Vintage Roll up Boyfriend Jeans. ASOS.com $25
- Clogs- Franco Sarto. Piperlime.com $69
Copy Katie’s Look
- Jacket- Contrast- Trim Tweed Jacket. $34 YesStyle.com
- Tank- Petite Oyster Sateen Tank. Anntaylor.com $44
- Jeans- Vintage Flare Jeans (light wash). $69
Tons and tons of designers for less! Dont forget to check out these lines:
- Karl Lagerfeld and Jimmy Choo
- Zac Posen, Ana Sui, Isabel & Ruben Toledo
- Matthew Williamson
Make your money stretch
Always look for items that you can get your wear out of! Make your money stretch a long way by buying “transition” pieces. These transition pieces can be worn day or night, or any season.
T Shirt Dresses are a great transition piece because they are so versatile. Wear it as a swim suit cover up with a pair of gladiator sandals, or as a tunic with a skinny belt and pair of leggings.
One great shirt for this look: T by Alexander Wang, Classic Jersey T-shirt dress. $85
Also, prints and materials like this are great as well. This dress can be worn during the day to work with a cute cardi or blazer and some flats. Or at night with a leather jacket, and some sexy ankle booties. It can even be worn in the winter with opaque tights, and a chunky sweater!
Try: MICHAEL by Michael Kors, Tie-dye stretch jersey dress. $100