Sony and Sucker Punch have released nine new screenshots of their upcoming open-world PS3 superhero game inFamous 2 that show Cole using his powers to face off against monstrous monsters and ice baddies. We’ve also got information about how the PSN issues have affected the beta and the official fact sheet on the game due to release this June.
Sucker Punch has officially announced that the beta for inFamous 2 has been extended due to the current PSN outage. How long it will be extended won’t be determined until PSN comes back up but Sucker Punch says, “rest assured: your outcry has been heard.”
inFamous 2 takes Cole MacGrath from the comfy confines of Empire City to the New Orleans-like New Marais where he has to find a way to become more powerful in order to stop “The Beast.”
Sucker Punch is extending the gameplay of inFamous 2 by giving players tools to create their own missions.
You can check out the new screenshots in our slideshow gallery.
inFamous 2 is due out on June 7 exclusively for the PS3.
The full fact-sheet provided by Sony is below.
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC.
Developer: Sucker Punch Productions
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 system
Players: Single player
Launch Date: June 7, 2011
Rating: “T” for Teen
Cole MacGrath makes his electrifying return in inFAMOUS 2, the second chapter in the best-selling franchise exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system. Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, inFAMOUS 2 takes last summer’s blockbuster to all-new heights in an immersive open world action adventure that offers a more visceral, emotional and powerful take on the true superhero experience.
Blamed for the destruction of Empire City and haunted by the ghosts of his past, reluctant hero Cole MacGrath makes a dramatic journey to the historic Southern city of New Marais in an effort to discover his full super-powered potential — and face a civilization-ending confrontation with a dark and terrifying enemy. Gifted with extraordinary god-like abilities, Cole alone has the power to save humanity, but the question is– will he choose to do so?
inFAMOUS 2opens in Empire City as a massive explosion rips through the town signaling the birth of a new evil. Nearly escaping death by the dark entity known as “The Beast”, Cole flees the city. Upon leaving, Cole discovers that “The Beast” has destroyed Empire City and is heading down the coast annihilating everything in its path.
In an effort to stop “The Beast” from destroying mankind, Cole heads to New Marais in search of a scientist who is believed to hold the key to defeating this dark entity. As the mystery of “The Beast” unfolds, Cole must learn to harness his powers for the sake of mankind.
- True Superhero Experience – Wielding god-like superpowers, discover what it means to be a true superhero with powerful cinematic sequences, stylized graphic cutscenes and epic boss battles which help bring Cole’s story to life.
- Advanced Super Powers – Featuring a complete overhaul of the power system frominFAMOUS, experience what it’s like to be a full-blown superhero with enhanced electrical attacks, an improved melee fighting system and a host of new superpowers.
- Evolved Karma System – Taking the franchise’s Karma system to the next level,Cole’skarmic choices to ally with different influences will now lead him down the path to becoming mankind’s greatest hero or its most feared villain, ultimately shaping the outcome of the story.
- All-New Open Dynamic World – Explore a virtually dense and more vibrant open world, set in the southern city of New Marais, with an increased level of interactivity, featuring over 100 simultaneous characters on screen, new gangs, destructible buildings and collapsible environments.
- Enhanced Urban Exploration – Utilizing a highly-polished mo-cap and animation system to make climbing and exploring flow more fluidly, freely navigate the city andtraverse nearly any surface with new fluid and dynamic parkour moves.
- Become Famous—inFamous 2 allows players to create missions for the first time ever. The original inFAMOUS had an end; inFAMOUS 2 never ends. The countless number of missions and never ending stream of content keeps the game fresh and playable. inFAMOUS 2 is the first open world game that actually allows players to “do anything;” creating and populating the game world with one of a kind missions, limited only by the designer’s imagination.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.