The iFly 700 aviation GPS is among the best on the market – even at a very affordable price. The company offers now a series of improvements, available throught their new software version 5, which is supposed to hit the market at any time now.
Key new features include: Autopilot support (aka “NMEA Output”), Airspace alerts, and a much-improved Airport Information page are few for starters. This new update is currently in final beta testing and should be on the market shortly.
The complete information on this amazing unit can be found here.
More detailed information on new features and other enhancements are outlined below.
• New Airport Information Page – includes the following enhancements:
• Improved Page Layout.
• Increase / Decrease font size.
• Runway thumbnails added.
• More information (Fuel availability, runway width, city, lighting schedule and more).
• Added “Nearby Airports” button for quickly finding nearby airports.
• Night Mode darkens and inverts colors.
• NMEA Output (Autopilot compatibility).
• Runway Extensions – select your desired runway and display a guidance feather.
• VST (Vertical Speed to Target) Instrument – calculates target decent rate to reach pattern altitude at your desired distance from the airport.
• ETA Final & ETA Waypoint (Estimated time of Arrival) Instruments added.
• New Indicated Track Line.
• Day/Night Mode – darkens all chart modes and inverts colors on the airport info page.
• Snap-To functionality when dragging route – now you can drag a route to an airport, fix, etc.
• Airspace Alerts. Customizable in type, distance and altitude buffer. Also, choose to be notified with a Pop Up Window or Alert Button.
• Auto-Track mode – automatically resumes tracking the airplane after a user-defined period of time.
• Chart Expiration Warnings – a safety message will pop to ensure this time sensitive information is noted.
Enhancements and other Revisions:
• “Are you sure” confirmation will pop up when selecting “Direct To” option from context menu or from the airport page (only if this action replaces a current flight plan)
• VMG to calculate average speed over the past 15 seconds.
• Renamed “Course” instrument to “Track”.
• “No GPS Lock” and “Weak GPS Signal” banners, GPS status messages are now smaller.
• Distance Rings – added 2nm and 5nm when at close zoom. Improved visibility.
• Re-organized “Settings” menu.
• “Desensitized” route dragging logic to preventing accidental route modifications.
• Improved GPS lock detection – also differentiates between a weak signal and no lock.
To the early adopters and existing users, they will be in for a real treat with this Version 5 update. For those considering the iFly 700, this is our testament to the constant innovation and advancement of the iFly 700.
More aviation topics