The Howard Stern Show returned live Monday morning and Stern dished all the dirty details about his run-ins with supercelebs including Tom Cruise, Gwen Stefani, Jack Nicholson and Marc Anthony at last weekend’s wedding of Hollywood producer Brad Grey.
<—See photos of Howard Stern and Beth O at the Brad Grey wedding here
Stern shared his L.A. Stories for almost 90 minutes on Monday morning’s Howard Stern Show.
Check out 10 of the greatest Howard Stern in Hollywood moments below:
- Dancing with the Stars: Howard Stern and wife Beth Ostrosky found themselves busting a move on the dance floor at Brad Grey’s wedding right next to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Cruise was friendly, but Stern says Holmes was “in a trance”.
- So Sue Me: Howard Stern says he was a little surprised when CBS President Les Moonves came rushing over to him to say ‘Hello’ with a big smile–no matter the multimillion dollar law suit he slapped on Stern when the KOTM decided to jump ship and head to satellite radio.
- Kissed by a Tantric Angel: Rocker Sting and wife Trudy were at the Brad Grey wedding. Trudy graced Howard Stern with a an out of this world on-the-lips kiss.
- No Holler Back Girl: Howard Stern says there’s no doubt he was dissed by rocker Gwen Stefani who wouldn’t even turn around to say ‘Hello’ as Stern chatted with her husband and former HSS guest Gavin Rossdale. “I don’t think Gwen Stefani likes me,” said Stern Monday.
- Early Bird Special: Stern and wife Beth O were two of the first guests at the wedding. Howard says he found himself hanging out with a really great guy he thought was a movie producer but turned out to be Brad Grey’s driver–since Brad’s employees were the only other people at the event so early.
- Table Manners: Howard and Beth scored seats at a table with John Stamos, Rudy Giluliani, Jon Lovitz, Bob Saget and some couple named “Mr. and Mrs. Clap”. Stern says he almost flung the ‘Clap’ cards on a nearby table until he realized that Mr. Clap was HSS favorite Johnny Knoxville of ‘Jackass’.
- Toast Becomes Roast: 84-year-old Don Rickles was apparently the only person at Brad Grey’s wedding who didn’t feel the need to kiss the groom’s behind. Rickles ridiculed the Paramount Pictures CEO as a “midget Jew” during the reception.
- 1 Degree of Separation: Stern says he found himself in a room with J Lo and Marc Anthony and immediately began praising Anthony for teaching this season’s American Idol contestants how to properly monitoring their sound onstage. Stern says although J Lo “headed for the hills” to avoid a face-to-face with Stern, that he and Anthony were “hugging and kissing” by the end of the conversation.
- You Can’t Handle the Truth: Howard Stern says Jack Nicholson and retired talent agent Sue Mengers pranked him at the wedding by sending him a message that the bride was requesting his presence. When Stern arrived, Nicholson screamed: ‘What? Are you too big to come meet Sue Mengers?’. Yikes. Don’t mess with a guy who was that convincing in The Shining.
- Snubbed by the Funky Bunch: As if it’s not enough that Mark Wahlberg was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011 and Howard Stern was nowhere on the list, Wahlberg reportedly gave the King of All Media a snub that rivaled the audience’s reception of Marky Mark’s 2008 flop ‘The Happening’.
Mark Wahlberg and 99 other people more influential than Howard Stern (photos)
Follow the Howard Stern Examiner on Twitter and Facebook
Want email updates son Howard Stern? Subscribe here