Reported by J.S. Fletcher and Kathy M. Newbern
True, true, true, here in the Raleigh Triangle we have some of the best golf courses in the world, like Pinehurst Resort, in the Village of Pinehurst, N.C. It will be hosting both the men’s and women’s U.S. Open championships in 2014. There are hundreds of choices for playing golf locally.
But if you’re interested in golfing someplace elsewhere in the world, here is an option for you:
The Velas Resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Maya and Riviera Nayarit, hotel where guests can opt to hit the greens at a variety of different courses including Marina Vallarta or Vista Vallarta golf clubs in Puerto Vallarta to Playa Paraiso Golf Club in Riviera Maya.
Velas Resorts’ golf getaways include not only multiple rounds at championship golf courses, a partner finder program and organized weekly tournaments, but also luxury suite accommodations, VIP airport/hotel transfers, spa treatments, gourmet dining, international premium brands, room upgrades, and more. Individual package details depend on the resort.
Offering an all-inclusive experience, Velas Resorts has several locations:
• Casa Velas, a boutique adults-only hotel and ocean club located on the Marina Vallarta Golf Course;
• Velas Vallarta, a family-friendly suite resort & convention center located on the Banderas Bay;
• Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, one of only two family-friendly all-inclusives in North America to receive the AAA Five Diamond, and
• Grand Velas Riviera Maya, the latest and most sophisticated iteration of the ultra-luxury, all-inclusive resort experience with jungle and beach settings.
Rates for the three-night minimum packages start at $225 per person, per night, based on double occupancy. Of course, there’s also lots more to do while at any of the Velas Resorts properties. Call 866-495-9902.
And for avid golfers who might like to get a little sense of what it’s like to play in a major golf tournament at a fictitious Carolina sandhills golf resort, consider starring in Sandhills Fore-Play, a personalized golf fantasy book we wrote that stars you and your Sweetie – that’s right, you two are the stars of the book. It makes a great gift for any duffer, especially for Father’s Day.
Regardless of where, how, when, or why you play the game of golf, here’s hoping you hit ’em straight and enjoy every minute of it.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy:
• Other stories by Newbern and Fletcher
• Other Stories by JS Fletcher,
• Stories by Kathy M. Newbern, Luxury Travel Examiner
International Travel Examiners J.S. Fletcher and spouse, Kathy M. Newbern, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourSpaReport.com and YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.