Wikipedia defines Media Bias this way:
Media bias in the United States is the description of media systematically presenting a particular point of view. Claims of bias in the media include claims of liberal bias, conservative bias, mainstream bias, and corporate bias.
There are a variety of watchdog groups that attempt to find the facts behind both biased reporting and unfounded claims of bias, and research about media bias is a subject of systematic scholarship in a variety of disciplines.
Search engines seem to have cornered the market on Media Bias. An online publication owned by one of Obama’s biggest supporters is top of the list on searches for anything Glenn Beck.
It would seem to me that the people claiming that Glenn Beck is “only an entertainer” who “spouts lies about Obama and the current administration”, are the very ones giving him the most media coverage.
Instead, they watch every move Glenn Beck makes, and writes an article about it. To test this theory, I did a News search for Glenn Beck several months ago, and these were the first 10 hits that came up:
- Glenn Beck puts his conspiracy theories into new novel The Overton Window
- Uncertainty Restores Glitter to an Old Refuge, Gold
- Glenn Beck and the Road to Serfdom
- Glenn Beck Admits to being an Antisemitic Nazi lover
- Will Beck and Limbaugh be next?
- Glenn Beck Hates Soccer and the World Cup
- Glenn Beck hates the World … Cup
- Glenn Beck’s “Real” History Trumps Radical Historians’ Revisionist …
- As the World Cup starts, conservative media declare war on soccer –
- Glenn Beck: Socialists Against Israel
- Stewart Slams Glenn Beck For Lying About Flotilla Raid Footage (VIDEO)
- Video: Jon Stewart points out Glenn Beck’s distortion over Israeli …
- Glenn Beck Blames Fox News’ Biggest Shareholder For 9/11
- Oh my, God! Glenn Beck let something slip!
It took several times hitting NEXT when I searched “Glenn Beck” in the Web tab of the search engine, to find this out about him:
Glenn Lee Beck was born on February 10, 1964.
Glenn Beck is:
- an American conservative radio and television host
- a political commentator (a champion in defense of traditional American values)
- an author (with six New York Times-bestselling books, with five debuting at #1)
- and an entrepreneur
- the host of The Glenn Beck Program, a nationally-syndicated talk-radio show that airs throughout the United States on Premiere Radio Networks (The Glenn Beck Program first aired in 2000 on WFLA (AM) in Tampa, Florida, and took their afternoon time slot from eighteenth to first place within a year)
- the host of a self-titled cable-news show on Fox News Channel
- put together a campaign, the 9-12 Project, that is named for nine principles and 12 values which he says embody the spirit of the American people on the day after the September 11 attacks
- founder and CEO of Mercury Radio Arts, a multi-media production company through which he produces content for radio, television, publishing, the stage, and the Internet
- a well-known public figure
- a Mormon
What this all boils down to, in my opinion, is a way for the owners of the sites to get people to visit, because Beck is such a hot commodity, and they want to cash in on it for themselves.
It all comes down to Media Bias, against Glenn Beck. However, their tactics do not seem to be working. Might I suggest they try something else, like the truth for a change?
Visit The Glenn Beck Program and see for yourself instead of relying on Google, which is essentially worthless for doing any real research.