Free Monthly Health & Fitness E-book | Subscribe to the “Feel Good Every Day” series
Who wants to be sick with salmonella food poisoning, preventing your abdominal workout for those fun filled summer barbecues at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx at the Allen Shandler Recreation Area on Jerome Avenue, south of 233rd street or on Broadway and 242nd Street right in front of the pool. Well, this Egg Diet is the ticket to get you that summer ready body and the video series to the left will show you just how to get rid of those love handles and these delicious recipes will help you get fit and trim and stay that way too. But be sure to follow these safety measures for preparing low calorie Egg Diet recipes.
The safest way to eat eggs without contracting salmonella is to:
- Reduce the risk of illness by preparing meals with pasteurized eggs from local supermarket (read more Part 4)
- Pasteurize eggs yourself if not available at supermarket (see at-home pasteurization technique in Part 4)
- Purchase before “sell by” date located on the egg carton.
- Crack egg on counter and not side of bowl to prevent direct contamination into meal. Open egg above bowl, avoiding contact with shell.
- Cook egg thoroughly to 160°F to kill any Salmonella bacteria before eating.
- Avoid ‘runny’ egg yolks (sunny side up or poached eggs and slightly cooked egg dishes).
- Refrigerate eggs immediately as they are perishable and at proper temperature to impede growth of bacteria.
- Handle eggs and counter surfaces the same way you would when handling chicken, meat and seafood by cleaning area with an antibacterial detergent.
- Wash hands meticulously before and after handling eggs with lots of soap suds and wringing hands to produce friction and lather to eliminate germs on contact with hands, then rinse.
Low Calorie Treats and Condiment Recipes
Diets can become mundane easily and can increase your grocery bill as well. Whether you live in the Bronx or anywhere USA, sometimes you may need a sweet or two once a week to successfully stick with your dieting goal. Here are some economical ways to add spice to your Egg Diet menu and control your daily dietary intake of cholesterol. Remember, as long as you avoid contracting Salmonella Enteritidis, you can prepare these recipes with undercooked eggs by purchasing free range organic pasteurized eggs and heating these mixtures thoroughly. Click here for instructions on how to pasteurize the egg mixture for your recipe in the microwave without cooking the egg and enjoy some really great low calorie recipes to use that “Big Egg” in the YouTube video:
- Caesar Salad Dressing – Per Serving: Calories: 20 Fat: 1.1g Cholesterol: 2mg
- French Toast – Per Serving: Calories: 377 Fat: 12.4g Cholesterol: 161mg
- Hollandaise Sauce – Per Serving: Calories: 163 Fat: 17.5g Cholesterol: 143mg
- Homemade Eggnog – way too many calories and fat grams, couldn’t find a recipe, if you find one email it
- Homemade Ice cream – Per Serving: Calories: 171 | Total Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 57mg
- Homemade Mayonnaise – Per Serving: Calories: 202 Fat: 22.4g Cholesterol: 21mg
- Pasta Carbonara – substitute the pork bacon with turkey bacon and you can cut down on the calories and fat content or add more turkey bacon to your plate it you can afford this high calorie meal. Per Serving: Calories: 413 Fat: 19.3g Cholesterol: 145mg
- Tiramisu – Per Serving: Calories: 505 Fat: 31.2g Cholesterol: 325mg
All nutritional data provided by ESHA Nutrient Database.
How can the Egg diet be healthy when eggs have high cholesterol?
NEXT: The Egg & Cholesterol Myth
Receive your Free E-book: 101 Ways to Get in Better Shape and Stay That Way!
< Previous Page | Table of Contents | Next Page >
Follow this examiner on:
Facebook Fan Page
JPLRadio.com – “Wellness Wednesdays” Host
Conscious Living Tips