Bastion of Twilight Part II
For the second part of this instance it definitely does not get easier. You face the Ascendant Council which, in a nutshell, is a control fight with a tight dps check in the final phase and Cho’gall who is one of the final bosses for this raiding tier. For both fights, all three specs are viable, but depending on your raid composition a particular spec will shine.
Twilight Ascendant Council
To summarize, in the first phase you will be faced with two elemental lords, Ignacious and Feludius, and your objective is to keep their health pools even and dps them down to 25% each. At this point they will be replaced with two new elemental lords, Arion and Terrastra, and your objective will be the same. These first two phases involve managing various boss abilities and that will be covered in a future article. The final phase brings all four lords out and they combine to form an Elementium Monstrosity which must be burned down as fast as possible to complete the encounter.
· Affliction—Affliction can be great for this fight, but you will need to be very careful not to do too much dps on one of the lords. An unglyphed Soul Swap can be very useful if a stop dps order is issued by your raid leader. Use Haunt on your main target and keep your dots rolling on the other as much as possible.
· Demonology—Use Metamorphosis and Demon Soul at the start of the fight so they will be up again for the final phase. Keep your pet on your primary target and dots on both. In the final phase have a portal down in the path your tank will be taking kiting the boss around the room to maneuver quickly for maximum Immolation Aura uptime.
· Destruction—Bane of Havoc works great here. Apply all dots to your main target and keep BoH and as many dots as you can on the other target. In the first phase, you can slip a Bane of Havoc on one of the lords right before they despawn to get in some extra damage.
The final boss in the Bastion of Twilight is not a pushover. You must dps large adds and AoE their ooze spawns in the first phase while avoiding shadow crashes. In the second phase, you need to keep the pressure up on the boss while making sure to interrupt and kill the tentacles that will spawn frequently.
· Affliction—Go through your normal rotation until the first add spawns and Soul Swap your dots to the add. When the bloods spawn from its corpse you will have to settle for a standard Seed of Corruption spam since the adds don’t live long enough for the Soul Burned option to be viable. Spread your dots in the second phase and prioritize the adds.
· Demonology—Your cooldowns will be up multiple times during this fight so use them frequently, but make sure to have them up for the final phase. When the bloods spawn send your felguard in to use Felstorm. In the final phase, Axe Toss serves as an interrupt on the tentacles.
· Destruction—Shadowfury was made for this fight. It can be used to interrupt other players Worshipping, stun the blood adds, and to interrupt the tentacles in the final phase. That being said, switch to Bane of Havoc on Cho’gall when adds are up and dps like there is no tomorrow.