So many people today are taking on second and third jobs in order to pay bills and feed their families. How many have truly examined exactly where the bulk of their weekly pay is going? Most people will agree the grocery store is getting a major part of it. The good news is each one of us can significantly reduce the amount of money being spent each week on our grocery bill. It is the one bill we can have complete control over. We do need to be willing to change a little but it’s got to be better than the alternative, working nine to nine each day. Using coupons is the answer. Coupons can improve your life and put money back in your wallet. Many people think they don’t have the time to use coupons; well this is probably true if they are working three jobs just to feed their family. But maybe that second job is really not needed at all; maybe what are needed are a little attitude adjustment and some education on the subject.
Coupons are free money and found everywhere. Start by collecting as many coupons as you can. The first place you should go is your local Sunday newspaper. Find the place that offers the lowest price on newspapers and buy multiple copies. If your paper costs you one dollar and you use two coupons saving you one dollar off each item, you have saved one dollar already. Be sure there are coupons in the paper before you buy it, most holiday weeks have no coupons in them. Also, ask your friends and family to save their coupons for you if they don’t use them. Try going online and searching “printable coupons”. You will find there are hundreds of free coupons available for you to print out in the comfort of your own home. There are many websites fully devoted to coupons. My personal favorite place to find both coupon inserts and specific coupons is on EBay. That sounds crazy I know but it’s true.
Follow these useful tips:
- Collect as many coupons as you can.
- Match store sales fliers with your coupons each week (most fliers can be found online).
- Find helpful coupon sites, some will even match local sales to recent coupons in the papers!
- Know your store’s coupon rules. Many stores double coupons making your savings even bigger.
- Do not buy unless you have a coupon for it. (This will take some time and discipline)
- Try different items and brands (you will be surprised how this will pay off for you)
- If it’s free or almost free get it, if you don’t use it, donate it and be a blessing to others.
- Stockpile. When the sale is good; buy multiple items. (but only if you have multiple coupons)
- Don’t limit yourself to one store good sales are everywhere!
Start immediately by making coupon use a permanent lifestyle change. Chose to take control of the one bill you can control each week.